Hey guys! Hope you have all had an incredible Christmas and happy new year from me in advance… not long now till 2013 is upon us!! Being your average student, I got given recipe books, a hoard of food and a chocolate supply which will definitely help me back at uni, if I can resist eating it until that point!
This holiday has been pretty busy for me – I’ve got a nice 3 week stretch off for the holiday but unfortunately the majority of my time has been filled with work. Given that I’m now a second year doing a fairly difficult course, I guess it’s to be expected! I’ve got quite a few different coursework assignments on the go, not to mention more job applications and my on-going work for the Open RIB Challenge (the new world record attempt that I am involved in which I mentioned recently) so things have been busybusybusy!
If you are headed here for Uni then don’t worry though – as a fresher your holidays will be free to do absolutely nothing except party, as expected:) But having been juggling all these priorities recently I thought it was worth a mention – if you do end up with multiple assignments and other commitments on the go, there are a few simple things you can do to keep stress levels down and your work performance up!!
1. Make a physical list of all that you need to do and include any deadlines on there too.
2. Hit the supermarkets and get a large stash of snacks
3. Prioritise your tasks according to the deadlines and take into consideration the impact of what will happen if each is not to be achieved – missing a sports practice is not a high impact, whereas missing a coursework deadline is of course!
4. Calmly begin to tackle your work using a structured timetable with regular breaks
5. Finish work. Hand in. Party.
I’ve also decided that for 2013, I am going to try and end each of my blogs with a quote of some sort, probably motivational or similar:) some you may recognise but others may be new, and maybe even some in different languages:) Fair enough, I will probably have forgotten this intention by next week’s blog but lets see how far I can get ey! So I hope you all have a cracking New Years Eve, and here is my quote for this week: “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new” 🙂 J