Hey everyone! I hope you’re all well:) Congratulations to all of you who are receiving offers at the moment, especially if they are from Glamorgan of course! Last week just gone was a pretty good week for me – I got a 1st and a 2:1 in two coursework assignments which I got back, so I was pretty chuffed with that!
Time is racing past and in just 7 weeks it will be Easter holidays!!! (Not that I’m counting or anything!) I’m particularly excited just because I’m going to get to work on my Land Rover: do a paint job, and kit out the inside a bit more. Yep, I’m a Land Rover enthusiast:) Although it’s probably not the best idea whilst you’re a student as it’s not a cheap hobby.
A lot of students see it as a dilemma about whether to bring their car to university, so I’m going to talk you through the pros and cons of this idea, and then in Part 2 of this blog which I will release later in the week, I’ll talk through the situation at Glamorgan for parking whether you live in halls of residence or locally.
So, bringing your car in…is it a good idea?
– Allows you to go to the bigger cheaper supermarkets
– Useful for trips to Cardiff etc
– Don’t have to rely on train schedules to make it home
– Can make it easier to get to sporting commitments etc
– Cost to run, maintain, insurance, tax etc
– You don’t want to become like a ‘taxi service’ for your friends without cars
– Your insurance may rise slightly depending on where you are living whilst at Uni and your parking situation
Essentially guys, it depends on your individual situation and needs as to whether it’s a good idea for you to bring your car to university. It can be incredibly useful, but also has a few issues as you’ve seen.
In Part 2 of this blog, I will be talking about how easy it is to park at Glamorgan Uni whether you are:
– a fresher living in halls
– a fresher living in private rented accommodation
– a student living from home and driving in daily to study
Be sure to check out my blog page later in the week for that 🙂 In the meantime, here’s a quote to end on.
“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”
– Christian D. Larson
Cheers all, have a good week! J