Hey guys, hope you’re all well and cracking on through exams if you haven’t finished already. What an amazing week of weather it’s been, right? I’ve spent pretty much each day outside working on my car as a restoration project – might as well make the most of the weather whilst it’s here!
I’m also pleased to reveal that the world record attempt I’ve been working for as Marketing Manager has now re-launched! You can check out our new website at www.globalribchallenge.com and follow us on twitter on @RIBChallenge. Definitely worth checking out guys – we’ve just released details of sporting celebrity who is on board as a crew member for the challenge!
I thought I’d share a few pointers with you for things worth doing over the summer prior to heading to university. With all the excitement of it, it’s easy to overlook a few things!
1) Know where you’re staying yet? If not, it’s definitely worth doing some house-hunting!
2) If you’re going to be in halls of residence, have a look online and see if any of your flatmates to be have created a flat facebook group so you can all link up in advance!
3) Take a look at the different student bank accounts offered and choose one. Make sure you know what an overdraft is and how it works – you might just need one!
4) Railcard – if you are going to be travelling home to see your family a fair bit and you’ll be using the train, consider getting a railcard. It gives you a 1/3rd off prices and can easily save you plenty of cash! (http://www.railcard.co.uk/)
5) Holidays! Get together with your friends and sort out a road trip or a holiday and have a great time! J